Monday, September 27, 2021

September 27

Can we ever forget September 27? 

Never. 


Now I cannot tell what I feel every day about September 27 and after. I cannot tell what I feel every day when I think about our immortal friends, when I talk to them inside my head, what happens to me when I imagine how they all could live now, next to me, how easy things could be in our lives. Even though I don’t know all of our heroes personally, they don’t seem like strangers. And when you read, learn stories about them it hurts you more. 


I start thinking of their moms, their fathers. Do you imagine how hard it is for them to live? Yes, you do!

All our heroes were so handsome, so smart, so good. And that’s the thing. We lost the best versions of young men, yet hopefully we have a lot of alive heroes who are also that good. 


It’s already been a year. Nothing has changed since last year. 

There is the same fear, the same pain, the same longing, the same thoughts. 

The boys are missing. The boys who became men. The men who protected us, the land and never came back. The men who became immortal. 


I have never thought there was such a feeling in the world until last year. 

We’ve been living with that pain and thoughts to this day, and it can’t be changed. 

The pain cannot be healed or become smaller with time. We will continue living. We will grow with that pain, thoughts and memories. 





No comments:

Post a Comment