Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Cooking / eating / dieting

Sometimes I want to become a real, professional Cook. I enjoy cooking way too much. 

I started to cook for myself on my own, and now I cook for my dad also. “Tomorrow” I will cook for my husband too, and that’s a kind of very responsible job. My dad loves everything I cook, and for him I am the best in the kitchen. I hope my husband will love it as much as my dad does, at least. 


When you are hungry, the only thing you think about is food. When you have food in front of you, you eat the food as quickly as you can, because you are way too hungry. That’s why your brain is not able anymore to tell you to stop eating when you are already satisfied. 


Of course one should eat healthy, because healthy food will benefit you not only physically, but also mentally. 

But there is one big BUT - I love fast food, I love food from restaurants. I love dining outside. If you ask me to choose between salad and burger or shawarma, I will definitely choose the second option: burger, shawarma or anything from that department. 

We live every day and we live in this world once, why not enjoy all the things you love, all the things that give you pleasure.


There is also another world called sweets, chocolates. It’s bad for us, for our health. But again, this is life and we must enjoy the things we love.  


You know, I never thought about food before I came to the USA. I think It’s because I started eating like a human only here in LA. 1-2 years ago I ate nothing but sweets and bread, and I was skinny. Now I can’t say I am that skinny, but I am not fat for sure. 


I brought for you some quotes on this topic.

  • One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. (Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own)

  • No man can be wise on an empty stomach. (George Eliot)

  • To a man with an empty stomach food is God. (Mahatma Gandhi)

  • The appetite grows by eating. (Francois Rabelais)

  • No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing. (Julia Child)

  • The secret ingredient is always love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment