Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Differences between USA and Armenia

Nothing is the same in these two countries. 

The differences between these two countries are huge. What people think, do, talk, and how the living system works in the US is different from Armenia. Problems differ, happy moments differ, finances differ. And that’s very normal, natural. 

In the United States Armenians try their best to keep everything Armenian in the family - the language, the traditions, the Armenian value system, the hope of returning to the fatherland one day. But unfortunately children in most families think and speak in English better than in Armenian. 

Sometimes it’s very hard to come back to Armenia to live. As I said earlier everything is different from Armenia and once you are used to it it’s barely possible to uncharge yourself from the US.

Of course life in the US is not easy, you have to struggle with your problems everyday, fight for what you want. In Armenia you have to do the same but it’s not that deeper. 

Besides just fighting, there is also so much to explore in all the states of America that one life is not enough for it. The US is way bigger than everyone thinks, but at the same time it seems so little. Why? Here you can meet familiar people that you didn’t even meet in Yerevan. 

In Armenia I hated the traffic, how people drove, how thin the streets were, and here in L.A. we drive on the freeways, highways, and you can also enjoy driving on the streets.

Despite all the differences between these two countries I love them both. 

I miss Armenia, the central streets I walked on everyday. I miss the people/my friends I studied with, worked with, and met with. I need them all here. I could do so many things here if I had friends like I had in Armenia. 


I wish everyone to live wherever they truly want to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment