Friday, October 29, 2021

God and the Church

“I, on the other hand, won't speak to you about God until there is peace. Because God is peace. And peace is God. Give me peace, and I'll give you God.”

(The Young Pope, 2016)


When I start thinking about God I lose myself in my thoughts. I can never talk about God to someone. And I always imagined God as peace, and the sentence above describes all I feel and think about God. 


Nowadays everything seems dirty, aggressive, trustless, noisy, irritative. 

Armenians faced war, lost thousands of young men, sons, husbands, fathers. 

We fell into hell. 


I never saw any sense of going to church, because you have your own God in you, in your mind, in your heart. It didn’t matter how often I would go to church. But when the war started I went to church every single day, sometimes 2 times a day. 

I remember only the nights from those days when the sun had already gone. 

Dark, sad evenings at church all alone.


As now in the US everything is different from Armenia, I am not able to go to church every day, but I try to to visit at least once a week. But if you want to know the truth, now I am more open to talk to God from the place I am at the moment, than in the church.


However, I go there, sit and start praying for those I love, I lost and I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment